You are here
Dr. Peter J. Dittmar
Areas of Research
- Weed science of vegetables, deciduous fruit and nut crops
- North Florida IR-4 field lab director
- Ph.D., Horticultural Sciences, North Carolina State University
- M.S., Horticultural Sciences, North Carolina State University
- B.S., Plant and Soil Sciences, Southern Illinois University- Carbondale
- Dissemination of weed management recommendations
- Working with county/state extension faculty
- Presentations of research results at field days and commodity meetings
- Darrell Thomas, IR4
- Michael Long, IR4
- Shaun Sharpe, Graduate Student
- Alves, C., A. W. MacRae, C. J. Hunnicutt, T. P. Jacoby, G. E. MacDonald, and P. J. Dittmar. 2013. Impact of fallow programs and fumigants on nutsedge (Cyperus spp.) management in plasticulture tomato. Weed Technol. 27:323-330.
- C. J. Hunnicutt. A. W. MacRae, P. J. Dittmar, J. W. Noling, J. A. Ferrell, C. Alves, and T. P. Jacoby. 2013. Annual strawberry response to clopyralid applied during fruiting. Weed Technol. 27:573-579.
- Dittmar, P. J., D. W. Monks, K. M. Jennings, and F. L. Booker. 2012. Tolerance of tomato to herbicides applied through drip irrigation. Weed Technol. 26:684-690.
- Dittmar, P. J., D. W. Monks, K. M. Jennings. 2012. Effect of drip-applied herbicides on yellow nutsedge (Cyperus esculentus) in plasticulture. Weed Technol. 26:243-247.
- Dittmar, P. J., K. M. Jennings, and D. W. Monks. 2010. Response of watermelon to rate and timing of imazosulfuron. Weed Technol. 24:127-129.